Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Take up your own cross

I've came across this cartoon strip on an E-mail send to me by my sister.
It's reminds me that when I had decided to follow Jesus and take up my own cross, I should do it all the way. I shouldn't have one foot on Christ and the other on the world, thinking that I can enjoy the goodness of both sides. In the end, I would not be able to pass the judgment that God had in store for us.








"If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me." Luke 9:23
I've highlighted "deny" and "daily" to remind us that when we decide to come after Jesus, we should no longer be self-centered but God-centered, and from that day on it is going to be an everyday event that means no weekends no public holiday, we are going to live that kinda of lives as long as God allow us to live.

No comments: