Saturday, August 16, 2008

Starting of a new blog

This is not my first time blogging, actually had a blog in friendster quite long ago. Usually will do some reflection posting every half a month (if you had notice). Wanted to pick it up again, and talk about the things i've learnt thru my QT or from sermon. Hope i could have the time to post it every week. Maybe i should name this blog "Vweekly"

This blog actually took me a few months to set up as i'm always busy with other stuff (my precious baby girl Leah is one of the many reason that's taken up my time). But hey i enjoy spending time with her ok.

Recently i've return to finish a book that I had read half way thru many many months before (Cat and Dog Theology), this title might not be new to some of you and i guess alot more have even finish it.

On this particular chapter (pg 106 & 107) it stated that some of the Israelites Leader challenges Moses' leadership when he is guiding them to the promised land. God punishes these leader who disobey him by opening the earth and killes them all (their wives and children too). The wives and kids didn't do anything wrong but why were they punished as well? This is an important lesson for me as a husband and a father, when I as a head of the house disobey God and guide my family in a way that is disobedience to God. My wife and kid will have to pay a price too and it's all because of me.

Scary right my brother in christ, we have a very important role to play in our family. Therefore for all the wives out there remember to pray for your husband!

"God I pray that we as husbands, brothers and leaders will have the wisdom and strength to guide our family in a way that will bring glory to thee name. Mould us and guide us in our everyday life so that we we will not dift away from your path. Let us focus and hear your still same voice everday."

No comments: