Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I sting my daughter today.

How should a parent discipline their child when they do wrong things? Every time I see a spoil kid outside I'll say to myself that whenever my kid behave like that they will sure get a good spanking from me.I always thought that it will be a breeze disciplining even spanking my child (Leah) when she does something wrong.
Today I got a wake up call from God. After Leah had finish her fruits (Grapes and durian) I went over and tried to clean her mouth with a hanky. Usually when we put our finger into her mouth she'll give us a "gentle" bite, but today she bit me with all her might. I was so angry and told her that she shouldn't do that and put my finger in again to clean her. Yet she gave me another hard bite. So I gave her a sting on her cheek, she cried real hard and after the real cries was over she started yelling at the top of her voices telling us that she's not happy with her punishment. Therefore I gave her another sting on the cheek and told her to stop it. After a couple of stings she finally got the idea that her "heartless" daddy really mean business and is not joking with her. Finally she stops yelling, but occasional sobbing still continues.
In my heart, I really felt heart pain and wanted to stop and give her a great big hug telling her that daddy is sorry for hurting you. But didn't and kept my stand. Did i do the right thing? Questions like that keep popping up in my head, she's only 10 months how much does she knows?
Our heavenly Father above loves us too but when we are disobedience he will also punish us with love. It's going to be a long battle to teach and guide my child, but if I really love her so much discipline must be there for her to grow up right.
Of course after that I went over, carry her, hug her and gave her lots of kissing on her cheek and also tells her that daddy love her very much lar.
__________________________________________________________

But Peter said, "I have no silver and gold, but what I do have I give to you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk!" Acts 3:6

Leah my precious daughter, daddy have neither silver and gold to give you, but I do have the gift of love and salvation from God and that I'll share it to you and pray that you will accept it too.
Thomas Walker comments, 'the power was Christ's, but the hand was Peter's'. We people of God need to believe in it and show it by actions.

QT material from The Message of Acts by John Stott (The Bible Speaks Today)

No comments: