Thursday, August 27, 2009

Still, small voice

I want to see miracles, I want the earth to shake,

But I couldn’t hear my Lord in the wind or the earthquake.

I sought Him in the fire; I couldn’t find Him in the flame.

Then a still, small voice called my name:

“Oh Elijah, the Lord of wind and fire

speaks in a still, small voice, will you listen?

Trust in your Provider the One Jehovah Jireh

Speaks in a still, small voice today.”

I want to move mountains, turn water into wine

But I couldn’t hear my Lord in the thunder of my pride.

Hoping for a bush of fire, or a pillar shaped of flame,

Not a still, small voice calling my name.

Jesus, Messiah! You are my desire.

Strip away my pride, let your spirit be my guide.

Carry me higher on chariots of fire,

Let Your still, small voice guide my way.

My God is so big, so strong and so mighty,

There’s nothing my God cannot do!

Words and music by Joshua Yap & Caleb Yap

Love the “Jesus, Messiah! You are my desire. Strip away my pride. Let Your spirit be my guide. Let Your still, small voice guide my way” Ahem!

No comments: