Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Need to brush up my grammar (Part 2)

Finally got my grammar assessment book from Popular on Friday. Ok for those whose grammar is as bad as mine, let's start learning now on this blog.. hahah..


We'll be using this Basic English Grammar assessment book on this Blog.

The first step is to understand what is grammar, on page 7 it uses an old children's rhyme to give us some idea. It goes like this;

Every name is called a noun,
As field and foundation, street and town.
In place of a noun the pronoun stands,
As he and she can clap their hands.
The adjective describes a thing,
As magic wand or bridal ring.
The verbs mean action, something done,
To read and write, to jump and run.
How things are done the adverbs tell,
As quickly, slowly, badly, well.
The preposition shows relation,
As in the street or at the station.
Conjunction join, in many ways,
Sentences, words, or phrase and phrase.
The interjection cries out, 'Hack!
I need an exclamation mark!'

Then went on to learn about countable and non-countable noun,
so I know when to use little, few, much and many.
Fruit is a non-countable noun while chocolate is a countable noun.
Soon or later I'll be PHD (Permanent Head Damage)

hahah now I'm rhyming.

Cool right, it's never too late to learn something.

Side note
When we were at Popular, Leah handed me a Science assessment book and said;

Leah: "Daddy I wanna buy this."(Even my eldest is catching up on learning)
Me: "Why?"
Leah: "Because I don't want to buy that." (Pointed to a Chinese assessment book)

What is it with learning Chinese nowaday, even a two years old doesn't it.



p.s Leah we need to learn Chinese in this little China below Malaysia.

No comments: