Friday, January 23, 2009

The spirit of CNY lost.

Yesterday my wife is telling my sister that all of us in the family beside me have already bought new clothes for the new year, and ask for confirmation that I'm also like that before I'm marriage.
Yes, I don't really see the need to buy new year clothes during CNY, it's not due to the recession either. Why do we need a reason for us to shop? You need a new shirt, jeans or a piece of garment, just go and buy it lar, don't need to use that as an excuse right? It's not like we only buy new clothes during this period. I believe some of us do actually purchase new stuffs throughout the year not only during CNY.
I'm slowly losing the spirit of the CNY. Why do you need to buy all the new year goodies during this time when they'll up the price by 50% or more (stuffs like the all time favourite bak kwa for example cost so much more during this period). Do you know that at normal period you could get it like in half the price and taste better too? The list of food could go on and on.
The good part is probably to see the long lost relatives of ours during the house visitation, most of them I don't even know existed till now, they show up during these period and as sudden as they appear they are gone, vanish in thin air throughout the rest of the months.
I do love to spend time with my family (My parents, in-laws, Leah, Tristan and my sis and her husband) we had an enjoyable time together talking and gathering, what I meant is we do not need to do all these only on CYN. Well if we had like 48hrs a day, work only 4 hrs each day and sleep 4 hrs, we could probably do vistation and gather all day long. But that'll be a dream for now.
To make that possible, we do not need to earn tons of money and step over the bodies of people to climb to the top. Share the good news to them, and we could have eternal gathering at our Father's place.
Going to enjoy my CNY now.. dong dong dong qiang, dong dong dong qiang, dong dong dong qiang dong qiang dong qiang......

No comments: